Updated: January 3, 2022
AllSouth Federal Credit Union (“AllSouth” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email, telephone number, and social security number (“Personal Information”);
- Information about you individually but does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information We Collect
As you navigate through the Website, we may collect two types of information from you: (1) “personally identifiable information” (as described below) and (2) non-personally identifiable information (as described below). “Personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your personally identifiable information through the Website:
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and other information if you sign up for an account on the Website;
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and account number if you make a payment on the Website;
- We may collect your first and last name, email address, and telephone number if you fill out any for on the Website.
“Non-personally identifiable information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, or interests. Non-personally identifiable information may also mean aggregated, non-identifiable or anonymized information. Non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally. If you do provide us with non-personally identifiable information, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement, or any other legal purpose. Here are some examples of ways through which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through the Website, and how we use such information:
- Log Information: When you use the Website or view content provided by AllSouth, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you use our service, IP address information described below, web pages which have been viewed by you, date and time, domain type, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware, settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your requests and referral URL.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the internet know where to send you data, such as screens and pages of our services that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our services to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our services.
- Demographic Information: “Demographic information” may be your gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through our services and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that our services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
- Location Information: When you use the Website, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP Address, Global Positioning Systems, and other sensors that may provide AllSouth with information about nearby devices and WiFi access points.
- Usage Information: When you use the Website, we may collect and process information about how you use the Website, including how you move through the Website.
- Feedback Information: From time to time, we may request that you provide us with feedback regarding the Website, as well as the products and services we offer. We may do this in the form of a survey or other feedback mechanism. We may collect and analyze this information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons: Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit AllSouth, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Cookies and Web Beacons we use may include, but are not limited to the following:
- AdRoll (NextRoll) for advertising
- Facebook for advertising
- Simpli.fi for advertising
- Premion for advertising
- HubSpot for chatbot and marketing automation
- LinkedIn Insight for advertising
- TVSquared for advertising
- SiteImprove for measuring website traffic, activity, and user experience
- Google Analytics for measuring website traffic, activity, user experience, and syncs with Google Marketing Platform
- Google Tag Manager for placing pixels and utilizing Google Marketing Platform
- Google Ads for advertising to users on Google products
Please note that the Pixels, Web Beacons, and Cookies we use may change from time to time.
If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
- How We Use Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
- Offer you the products and services you request;
- Help us create and offer content which is relevant to you;
- Allow you to access certain areas of our Website;
- Register you as a member and develop your profile to enable you to take advantage of the personalized features of the Website;
- Alert you to special offers, updated information, and other new services offered by us or by third parties;
- Show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party sites;
- Forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of any promotion;
- Measure and analyze the performance of our advertising campaigns;
- To improve your user experience and the experience of other users of our Website;
- To understand how you use the Website;
- Identify you as a poster or provider of communications or content; or
- Contact you in response to an email or other communication.
Non-personally Identifiable Information
We may use non-personally identifiable information for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
Without limiting the above, we may collect information to understand how you use the Website and how we can improve the Website’s functionality.
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting our visitor and member use of the Website and services. In preparing these reports, we may combine and analyze the personal information you provide to us with information from other sources. However, these reports will
only include aggregate information about visitors and members. The information in these reports will not identify you individually and any business partner with whom such reports may be shared will not be able to contact you based on the information contained in the reports.
We may share data, such as hashed email derived from emails or other online identifiers collected on our site(s) with our advertising partners. This allows our partners to recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers. To read more about the technologies used by NextRoll/our partner and their cross device capabilities please refer to NextRoll’s Privacy Notice. Generally speaking, an opt-out allows you to direct NextRoll not to engage in a particular type of data collection. There are many different ways that NextRoll collects data, different purposes for that data collection, and different industry-specific and NextRoll-specific tools for opting-out. You can control how you share your data with NextRoll, including electing to opt-out of interest-based advertising altogether. Please visit NextRoll’s opt-out webpage to opt-out.
- Disclosures of Your Information
Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you.
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, or from third-party marketers and from other unaffiliated parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist such parties for research, administrative and/or business purposes.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our products and services.
- To comply with law, or if in good faith we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors.
- To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume information from our visitors or members and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against fraud or potential fraud.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose and share information about you and your use of the Website if we believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and/or legal process where a formal request has been made;
- Protect or defend our rights and/or property and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from AllSouth or its Nonaffiliated Partners. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the AllSouth to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Additional Opt-Out Options. Our partners may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason, you can use the following third party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising:
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You can also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete personal information except by also deleting your user account. You may not change or delete information
in a way that would inhibit our rights under any income share agreement we may offer you. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: 730 Elmwood Ave, Columbia SC 29201 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
- Data Security
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password to access our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Website. Any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- CardValet® (CardControl)
We may collect Personal Information (information that is identifiable to a particular person) about you, which may include: name, postal address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification or verification numbers, social security number, mobile device location, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, provide the functionality available through use of the CardValet® (CardControl) downloadable application (“App”) and the related services (collectively, the “Service”), and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, and payment and other transaction information, and history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Service, and any Personal Information that you may enter into information blocks present in the App interface or made available through the Service. We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
- Online and Mobile Banking
By accessing and using Online and Mobile Banking, you understand and agree that AllSouth may collect and retain personal and other information about you or the device you use to access the Service. You authorize your wireless operator to use your mobile number, name, address, email, network status, member type, member role, billing type, Mobile Device identifiers (IMSI and IMEI), and other subscriber status details, if available, solely to allow verification of your identity and to compare information you have provided to AllSouth with your wireless operator account profile information for the duration of our relationship. Additional information and disclosures regarding Online and Mobile Banking can be found in our Online and Mobile Banking Disclosure.