How does Mobile Deposit work?
Mobile Deposit is available through our Mobile Banking app. This feature allows you to take a picture of a check (front and back) using a smartphone or tablet device to make your deposit.
What types of checks can I deposit?
You can deposit checks and cashier’s checks made payable to and endorsed by you. They must be in U.S. dollars and drawn from any U.S. financial institution.
What items are not eligible for Mobile Deposit?
- International checks
- U.S. savings bonds
- Checks that are more than six (6) months old (based on the date the check was written)
- Checks issued by the federal or state government (e.g., benefit checks)
- Traveler’s cheques
- Remotely created checks (whether in paper form or electronically created)
- “Substitute Checks” or “image replacement documents”
- Checks containing alterations to any of the fields on the front of the check
- Checks that have been previously deposited at another financial institution
- Checks that are not payable in U.S. dollars
- Non-negotiable instruments
- Checks drawn against a line of credit (convenience checks or “electronically created items”)
- Checks payable to “cash”
- Checks payable to someone who is not an owner on the account
Is there a Mobile Deposit limit?
Yes, currently, the daily Mobile Deposit limit is $5,000. Please note that the daily Mobile Deposit limit is subject to change at any time.
How do I use Mobile Deposit?
- Log in to your Mobile Banking app.
- Select Deposit in the Mobile Banking app menu.
- Select the account where you want to deposit the check and input the amount of your check.
- Sign the check and write “For Mobile Deposit Only at AllSouth” on the back, then take a picture of the front and back of the check.
- Select Deposit
How do I endorse the check?
Before taking a picture of the check, sign the back of the check and write “For Mobile Deposit Only at AllSouth” below your signature. If available on the check, check the box that reads: “Check here if mobile deposit” instead of writing it.
How do I take pictures of the check?
- Hold your camera parallel to the check and ensure the check shows inside the guidelines of your phone.
- Don’t use a flash when you snap your picture as it can distort the quality of the image.
- Take the picture in a well-lit environment against a dark background.
- Lay your check flat and smooth out any folds.
How will I know when my check is deposited?
Once the check image is submitted, you’ll receive an email confirming your deposit was received and is processing.
When are my funds available?
Your funds are typically available within two (2) business days after the deposit has been made, if there are no delays or issues with the check. Once the funds are available, they will show in your account’s Available Balance. You can also see your deposit under Deposit > View Deposit History in the Mobile Banking App.
Why was my Mobile Deposit rejected?
You will receive an email notification of the rejected deposit or notice of any deposits we’re unable to process.
Your Mobile Deposit may be rejected if:
- The check is missing “For Mobile Deposit Only at AllSouth” endorsed on the back of the check.
- The deposit exceeds the daily deposit limit.
- The check was returned unpaid by the financial institution the check is drawn on.
What should I do with my check after I deposit it?
Keep the check in a secure location for at least five (5) days, but no longer than 14 days, to ensure there were no mishaps during the check processing. After that time, simply shred the check.
Will the check image save on my mobile device?
No. Once the check is submitted for processing, the picture of the check isn’t saved on your device. Mobile Deposit is only available through our Mobile Banking app.
Is Mobile Deposit safe?
Yes, Mobile Deposit is safe. The information is encrypted when uploaded to your mobile device, and the check image isn’t saved on your device.