At AllSouth, our commitment doesn’t stop with serving our members at one of our locations or through Online and Mobile Banking. We’re also committed to giving back and making a difference to help improve the quality of life for the communities we serve. It's part of our mission to volunteer our time and give financial gifts to local organizations, causes, and charities that reflect our shared values of supporting the military, family crisis, and issues of homelessness and hunger in the Midlands area.
Here are ways we supported our communities.
- Adopted five families and two senior citizens through the Families Helping Families holiday assistance program. Families Helping Families provides assistance to more than 3,600 families in need of food, clothing, and Christmas gifts.
- Donated gifts for “Christmas with Epworth” hosted by Epworth Children’s Home to help provide gifts for children to open on Christmas morning. Epworth Children’s Home provides shelter and food for children who’ve experienced abuse, neglect, or significant loss.
- Donated $2,000 to the Vets Christmas Charity Ride to benefit veterans at Dorn VA Medical Center and VA-sponsored homeless shelters to bring holiday cheer and gifts to the patients.
- Partnered with ColaToday for a Cheer-ity Giveaway to support a local non-profit organization in our community. The giveaway provided our Instagram followers with the chance to enter to win $500 for nominating their favorite charity. The selected charity, SisterCare, also received $500.
- Hosted our annual Soldiers and Vets Charity Golf Tournament and raised $9,400 to benefit the Big Red Barn Retreat, a non-profit organization that supports our military community.
- Donated $1,000 to Hoof and Paw Benevolent Society of SC to help bring awareness to the needs of abused, homeless, and abandoned animals to help improve their lives.
- Donated $1,000 to PAALS whose mission is to enrich and empower children and adults with physical disabilities and social needs by training assistance animals and providing animal assisted educational and recreational activities.
- Sponsored the Fall Jam at the Ballpark to help support the Big Red Barn Retreat, a non-profit organization that supports our active-duty soldiers, reserve soldiers, veterans, and their families.
- Sponsored Rock 4 Recovery, hosted by LRADAC (Lexington/Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council). LRADAC provides prevention, intervention, and treatment programs to help fight addiction and drug abuse in schools, businesses, and neighborhoods.
- Hosted a food drive to benefit Harvest Hope Food Bank. The food donations we received during the food drive will provide 10,239 meals to those in need in our community.
- Donated $1,000 to Family Shelter, a program of Homeless No More, which provides emergency shelter for homeless children and their parents and helps residents build life skills needed to regain independence.
- Donated $1,000 to support Meals on Wheels, a program of Senior Resources, to help feed the senior citizens in our community.
- Partnered with ColaToday for a giveaway to support local restaurants in our community. The giveaway provided our Instagram followers with the chance to enter to win gift cards to the local restaurant of their choice.
Organizations seeking donations that reflect our shared values of supporting our military, family crisis, and issues of homelessness and hunger should submit a donation request form.
In addition to our corporate giving, we provide opportunities throughout the year for our members and team members to give back through our community outreach efforts.
- Volunteer Program
Our volunteer program was introduced to provide opportunities for our AllSouth team to volunteer with non-profit organizations that support our shared values. This program offers paid time, specifically for volunteering. Since the program started in 2019, we have partnered with Senior Resources (Meals on Wheels), Harvest Hope Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, and Transitions. We have donated 178 hours of community service and served over 2,000 meals to individuals and families in the Midlands.
- Soldiers & Vets Charity Golf Tournament
AllSouth’s foundation was built on supporting the military. To show our continued support for those who serve our country, we host the Soldiers & Vets Charity Golf Tournament to raise funds for organizations supporting our active servicemen and women, veterans, and their families in the Midlands. Since 1996, we have raised over $316,000 for organizations such as the USO, PAALS, Big Red Barn Retreat, and many more.
- Casual for a Cause
Each month, AllSouth employees make monetary donations to support local causes, charities, and non-profit organizations throughout the Midlands. On the last Friday of the month, we wear jeans and go ‘casual’ to show our support and bring awareness to the needs of our communities. Since 2012, our team has raised over $63,000 to benefit many organizations. We currently support the following organizations:
A Wish SC
Cat Around Town Project
Columbia Humane Society
Harvest Hope Food Bank
Lighthouse for Life
Midlands Fatherhood Coalition
Palmetto Place Children and Youth Services
Prisma Health Foundation - Walk 4 Life
Soldiers & Vets Charity Golf Tournament
Teen Spirit Form of the Midlands
Vets Christmas Charity Ride
Widows of Opportunity
Vets Christmas Charity Ride
AllSouth supports the Vets’ Christmas Charity Ride to help bring holiday cheer to our veterans. This ride collects gifts and monetary donations to benefit the veterans hospitalized at the Dorn VA Medical Center and VA-sponsored homeless shelters. In 2021, we donated over $2,000 to support our veterans.