At AllSouth Federal Credit Union, our commitment doesn’t stop with serving our members at the branch or through mobile and online banking. We’re also committed to giving back and making a difference to help improve the quality of life for the communities we serve. It's our mission to volunteer our time and give financial gifts to local organizations, causes, and charities that reflect our shared values of supporting the military, family crisis, and issues of homelessness and hunger in the Midlands area.
Here are ways we supported our communities.
- Donated $5,000 and hosted a food drive to benefit Harvest Hope Food Bank. The food donations will provide 30,883 meals to feed families in the Midlands areas. In addition, members and team members donated $585 to the cause.
- Donated $2,000 to the Vets Christmas Charity Ride to benefit veterans at Dorn VA Medical Center and VA sponsored homeless shelters to bring holiday cheer and gifts to the patients.
- Donated $5,000 to support the Meals on Wheels, a program of Senior Resources, to help feed senior citizens in our community.
- Raised $3,374 for the Walk for Life and Famously Hot Pink Half Marathon hosted by Prisma Health Foundation to support patients and families facing breast cancer and provide mammography services for women in the Midlands.
- Donated $10,000 to Harvest Hope Food Bank and Meals on Wheels, a program of Senior Resources, to help fight hunger needs in the Midlands.
- Sponsored the Lexington Race Against Hunger and MADD events to help support hunger issues facing our community and help bring awareness to the dangers of drunk driving.
- Sponsored the PAALS UnGala Gala to help raise funds to train assistance dogs for people with disabilities, veterans and first responders with PTSD, and children with autism.
- Volunteered at Transitions to serve meals to the homeless in our community.
- Sponsored The Wish Ball hosted by the Make a Wish Foundation to help grant wishes for children with a critical illness.
- Donated $500 to Saluda County Special Olympics to benefit children and adults with disabilities.
Organizations seeking donations that reflect our shared values of supporting our military, family crisis, and issues of homelessness and hunger should submit a donation request form.
In addition to our corporate giving, we provide opportunities throughout the year for our members and team members to give back through our community outreach efforts.
- Volunteer Program
Our volunteer program was introduced to provide opportunities for our AllSouth team to volunteer with non-profit organizations that support our shared values. This program offers paid time, specifically for volunteering. Since the program started in 2019, we have partnered with Senior Resources (Meals on Wheels), Harvest Hope Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, and Transitions. We have donated 178 hours of community service and served over 2,000 meals to individuals and families in the Midlands.
- Soldiers & Vets Charity Golf Tournament
AllSouth’s foundation was built on supporting the military. To show our continued support for those who serve our country, we host the Soldiers & Vets Charity Golf Tournament to raise funds for organizations supporting our active servicemen and women, veterans, and their families in the Midlands. Since 1996, we have raised over $307,500 for organizations such as the USO, PAALS, Friends of Fisher Columbia, and many more.
- Casual for a Cause
Each month, AllSouth employees make monetary donations to support local causes, charities, and non-profit organizations throughout the Midlands. On the last Friday of the month, we wear jeans and go ‘casual’ to show our support and bring awareness to the needs of our communities. Since 2012, our team has raised over $63,000 to benefit many organizations. We currently support the following organizations:
A Wish SC
Cat Around Town Project
Columbia Humane Society
Harvest Hope Food Bank
Lighthouse for Life
Midlands Fatherhood Coalition
Palmetto Place Children and Youth Services
Prisma Health Foundation - Walk 4 Life
Soldiers & Vets Charity Golf Tournament
Teen Spirit Form of the Midlands
Vets Christmas Charity Ride
Widows of Opportunity
- Walk For Life and Famously Hot Pink Marathon
We participate in the annual Walk for Life and Famously Hot Pink Half Marathon sponsored by Prisma Health Foundation. In 2020, our members and team, AllSouth Crusaders for the Cure, took steps against cancer in our community and raised over $3,300 to help support the Prisma Health's Breast Cancer Center.
- Vets Christmas Charity Ride
AllSouth supports the Vets’ Christmas Charity Ride to help bring holiday cheer to our veterans. This ride collects gifts and momentary donations to benefit the veterans hospitalized at the Dorn VA Medical Center and VA sponsored homeless shelters. In 2020, we donated over $2,000 to support our veterans.